Learning, working and learning to work less.
1. Update my website with new work from that one coffee co. (completed July 2010)
2. Go live with my Snack Bento business
3. Take a creative writing class (completed Mar.-Apr.2010)
4. Learn to play chess well
5. Get published for something non-ad related
6. Take a doula certification class
7. Carry a Moleskin with me and USE IT for one month
8. Document a “day in my life” with photos (completed April 2011)
9. Paint something on canvas
10. Participate in National Novel Writing Month . (completed 11.30.09)
11. Catalog all totally genius inventions and pick one to execute
Give back, already.
12. Volunteer at West Seattle Food Bank.
13. Show my support for Obama in the presidential election (oh-so-completed 11.4.08)
14. Participate in a charity walk
15. Write a nice note to every restaurant server on the receipt for a month (completed Feb. 2011)
16. Place flowers on an old, forgotten grave
17. Do something nice for a stranger X 10 (completed Mar. 2011)
- gave an older man my dentist appt. and took his later one
- rescued a dove. (animals are people, too)
- took a photo for a group of girl friends in central park
- took a photo of two japanese girls with walter on carrie bradshaw’s stoop
- looked up directions for a stranger on my iPhone
- cleaned up an entire counter of discarded paper towels in a club bathroom
- took several photos for people on SJP’s stoop
- gave someone in a hurry my cab
- chased after someone who dropped their metro pass
- gave someone directions to the neighborhood theater
- Swiped an elderly woman into the Metro when her card wouldn’t work
- Rescue’d a business man’s luggage slip he dropped
18. Find and adopt 3 ways to become more ecologically conscience (completed Jan. 10)
-carry Baggus instead of using store-provided shopping bags.
-ditch all three cars for walking and public transportation. (thanks, NYC!)
-buy organic and locallly whenever possible (thanks to 3000K blog)
19. Send anonymous flowers to someone who is having a bad day
20. Renew my membership/donation to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation (completed 12.1.08 and for 2010)
Friends + Family
21. Cook a delicious something for my parents (completed 8.29.09)
22. Watch a friend’s little one(s) for free so they can go on a date
23. Shoot and edit a funny sketch with friends
24. Play a round of golf with Husband
25. Cabin + fishing trip with the Cohoon boys
26. Send Coulter-family-Christmas-cards (completed Dec. 2010) 27. Get to know a neighbor (completed Nov. 2010) 28. Help my parents do something they couldn’t do without me (completed summer 2009 with the help of Husband) 29. Commission a painting of Walter The Dog (completed 2.24.09) 30. Make a mixtape for someone (completed Valentine’s Day 2011) 31. Spend a day with my Grandma Black and Grandma Cohoon (completed christmas 09)
32. Road trip with my Mom to visit where she was born
33. Help Husband plan a poker night and leave when it starts
34. Contact a former teacher or professor (completed 11.1.09) 35. Start a new Coulter family tradition (completed Nov. 2010)
36. Take a trip with my brother
Health and stuff.
37. Cut out sugar for 21 days
38. Have another successful Sober September™ (completed Jan.-Feb. 2011) 39. Organize my recipes (completed Jan 2010) 40. Eat raw foods for one whole day (completed 6.24.09)
41. Decide I’m in the best shape of my life and actually mean it
42. Make a new soup once a week for 3 months (completed winter 2010-11) 43. Wash my face and moisturize every night for a month (completed Oct. 2010)
44. Eat dairy-free for 7 days
45. Take sweaty yoga twice a week for two months
Have fun, will travel.
46. Change my legal name on my passport (completed June 2009) 47. Take an all-girls vacation (completed 7.12.09) 48. Have a full day at a spa (completed christmas 09)
49. Drink tea in Japan
50. Take Husband to a UO Ducks sporting event (ticket purchased, completed April 2011)
51. Have a romantic picnic
52. Watch a show at Moulin Rouge in France
53. Go skinny-dipping (completed)
54. Stay out of the U.S. for a full month (moving counts!)
55. Spend a whole day on a boat
56. Go overnight backpacking where you have to carry your own snacks and everything
57. Take a road trip with Husband
58. Sleep in a tent
59. Participate in Solstice
60. Eat noodles in Thailand
61. Go to the zoo
62. See Rocky Horror Picture Show in costume
Self help me!
63. Go one week without television (completed in Africa Oct. 2009)
64. Devote my blog to gratitude for 7 days
65. Eat a nice meal at a local restaurant by myself (completed 10.30.08)
67. Meditate every day for 21 days
66. Digitize VHS cheer + dance tapes
68. Turn 30 without freaking the eff out
69. Keep mail sorted for 21 days (completed July 09)
70. Get a non-tacky hammock built for two
71. Go one week without complaining
72. Print, frame and hang all show posters + NFL cheer calendar
73. Learn how to sew a real sock monkey (ok to have mom’s help)
74. Print photos from computer for albums
75. Plant an herb garden from seed
76. Cook 10 of the 101 recipes from New York Times.
77. Read 15 books each year (titles listed below)
2008: Twilight (stephanie meyer), New Moon (stephanie meyer), Eclipse (stephanie meyer), Breaking Dawn (stephanie meyer) (COMPLETED based on average)
2009: Dead Until Dark (Charlaine Harris), Revolutionary Road (Richard Yates), Living Dead in Dallas (Charlaine Harris), Club Dead (Charlaine Harris), Belle De Jour (Joseph Kessel), The Graduate (Charles Webb), B is for Beer (Tom Robbins), Firefly Lane (Kristin Hannah), Time Traveler’s Wife (Audrey Niffenegger), Julie and Julia (Julie Powell), Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert), Dead to the World (Charlaine Harris), Dead as a Doornail (Charlaine Harris), The Shadow of the Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafón), The Friday Night Knitting Club (Kate Jacobs) (COMPLETED)
2010: Let the Right One In (John Ajvide Lindqvist), My Life in France (by Julia Child), Secrets from the Sex Lab (Judy Dutton), Rules for my Unborn Son (Walker Lamond), The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Stieg Larsson), The Girl Who Played with Fire (Stieg Larsson), The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (Stieg Larsson), His Needs, Her Needs (Dr. Harley), The Memory Keeper’s Daughter (Kim Edwards), A Little Bit Wicked (Kristin Chenoweth), Never Let Me Go (Kazuo Ishiguro), Stiff (Mary Roach), The Help (Kathryn Stockett), Better Names for Baby (Matt Sorrell), In The Woods (Tana French) (COMPLETED)
2011: Babycatchers (Peggy Vincent), The Four Hour Body (Tim Ferriss), Swamplandia! (Karen Russell), Bossypants (Tina Fey)
Fashion, art, culture and stuff.
78. Get a really nice, fancy handbag like this. (completed August 09)
79. Chef up a cheesecake from scratch
80. See an author read from his/her work (completed 3.24.09)
81. Go salsa dancing!
82. Play bingo at a bingo parlor
83. Get a cool pair of eyeglasses(completed 12.11.08)
84. Host a tea party
85. Go to a “pick your own fruit” farm and, like, pick my own fruit.
86. Learn how to cook a roast beef (refer to said beef as “roast beast”) (completed 10.12.08)
87. Dress vintage head to toe for a night out with a friend
88. Replace everything in my sock and underwear drawer (completed 3.28.10) 89. See a Broadway show (completed 2.24.09) 90. Buy a real piece of art for my house. (completed: 9.5.08) 91. Visit a museum (completed 1.17.09) 92. Mix a really, really good sangria (ok to get nicole’s help) (completed 3.27.10)
93. Get a paper shredder (completed Jan. 2011) 94. Invest in something (ex: CD, IRA, whatever those are. I’m dumb.) (completed Nov. 2008)
95. Have or participate in a yard sale
96. Save a giant cashball ($20K or more!) (completed April 2010)
97. Go one week without spending any money at all (besides auto-pay bills)
98. Purge and donate 101 things (completed 10.29.08)
99. Create a living will (…and my lipsticks from 1992-1999 go to…)
100. Buy a bigger home with a normal sized closet.
And last but not least…
101. Donate $5 to La Leche League for every item I don’t complete in 1001 days from now.
That’s Tuesday, May 24th 2011.
This means = it’s in progress.
This means = it’s completed.
Click to learn more. Here goes nothing…
BONUS! Things I did that I never though I’d do.
1. Move to NYC
2. Purge 50% of my belongings.
3. Take an improv class at the Upright Citizen’s Brigade.
4. Get a job at a big deal ad agency. And then another job at another big deal agency.
5. Own a rental home.
6. Eat ostrich in Africa.
7. Ice Fishing in Minnesota.
8. Rose in Cannes.
9. Pasta in Italy.
10. Get hollywood teeth.
11. Take a sketch acting class at The People’s Improv Theater.