3. Campy. The Heavenly Spies performed and wrapped up a 7-week run of Camp Heavenly Spies. Imagine throwing DVD copies of both “The Spy Who Loved Me” and “Troop Beverly Hills” (starring the impeccable Shelley Long) into a blender with mass amounts of sparkles, feathers, lace and fishnet. It was kind of like that. Eye candy.
4. Fruit-of-the-Looming. I said a fond farewell to my single self in style. By “fond” I mean drunken and by “style” I mean clad in a wife beater, tightie-whities and a fake moustache. Oh. My. God. It was fun redefined. There was fake cheese and chicken wangs everywhere. Just another of the zazillion reasons why I love, love, love my friends.
5. Married. YES! I got married. I am officially Mrs. Coulter and loving every second of it. I’ve always had a realistic outlook on my wedding day. I understand that the perfect, happiest day of your life isn’t always going to go perfectly. However, I can honesty say that the entire experience was PERFECT. And really was the happiest and most hilariously fun night of my life. Pictures to come.
6. Bora Bora’d! After the whole getting-married-thing, we traveled to the South Pacific for an AMAZING 2 week honeymoon. We spent 4 nights in Moorea, 5 nights on Bora Bora and then stopped off in LA for a couple nights on our way back. Isn’t “honeymoon” the most delicious word you’ve ever heard? Pictures can be found on our Flickr.
7. Sober. It’s not a typo. The newly formed Coulter family likes to create arbitrary traditions. The latest? Sober September. Sounds catchy, but feels boring. It goes like this: on Labor Day weekend we drink ourselves to near death. Not just one kind of alcohol, but ALL THE KINDS. Then on Monday when it feels like a tiny diseased stray cat has crawled into your mouth and died, you begin the not-drinking part. You do the not-drinking for an entire month until what we’ve deemed “October Thirst”. Parched as we speak.
Things I’m looking forward to? Performing as a member of The Lullaby League in Viva Oz Vegas at The Triple Door, our yearly Thanksgiving trip (this year we’re going to Kona!) and telling more stories of “husband”, the man formally known as “fiancé” formally known as “boyfriend”.